Thursday 19 April 2012

On A Mission


This coming weekend is IHSW so I shall be attempting to stitch up a storm on HAED Guardian providing I'm in the mood for stitching on him! Don't forget to join in:)

My sewing machine has been out and I've finished off three things, two of which I can show. I'm not too happy with my finishing this time. I don't know why but I think I could have done a much better job! First off here's Miss Crescent's Crowne Jolly. I would have liked to add some of the trim that was used on the model but I don't have anything like it and have no idea where to get it so it's staying plain! 

Second one is Bent Creek The Littles Bunny with Peter Rabbit doing a fine job of modelling it :) The winner of the chart is Vickie. Vickie can you email me your full name and address please :)


Progress has not been bad at all this week. I've set myself a goal of trying to finish three of my WIPs before I go into hospital and I think I can do it. Then I can have some new starts when I'm home and feel like stitching! Obviously not Guardian or AotH! Monday was SAL night with dear Barb and more progress was made on Shepherd's Bush The Journey. I decided to make a start on the border so fingers crossed please that it meets! 


Tuesday was craft club and, as I'd finished my ornament for this month, I took L*K 6 Fat Men Snow Day with me and more white stitching was done. I got it out again on Tuesday evening and finally added some more colour to it!


Finally last night was SAL night with Mouse on LHN Summer Splendor. I did not get as much done on this as in the afternoon I decided to do 15 minutes knitting on my snood then had to take it back a few rows and I couldn't rest until I'd found the mistake and knitted a few rows back up. So this meant I didn't pick Summer Splendor up until later on in the evening.


And here is said snood. I'm knitting this in King Cole Mirage. I think I'm about a third of the way and desperately hoping I've got enough wool! I have now got the bug a bit but it won't take over from my cross stitch. When I've finished the snood I quite fancy trying my hand at a shawl but I think it might be too much for me!


Thank you for all your wonderful comments on my last post about my new haircut. I absolutely love it and wish I'd had it done ages ago!


A little more stress this week. There's no wonder I have a fuzzy head! Poor Abi sprung it on me on Tuesday that she thought she needed to go back to the doctors as her heart had been beating fast. It had been happening a while on and off but she hadn't told me. I really wish she had. I wanted to her to go to school during the Easter holidays as they were doing heart tests there in memory of a boy who died suddenly last year but she wouldn't go. So I managed to get an appointment yesterday and although our doctor didn't think it was anything to worry about as her pulse was good and heart sounded healthy she did decide to send her for an ECG which she had yesterday afternoon. It did show her heart was beating a bit fast but the nurse had kept us waiting 20 minutes after her appointment should have been which is bound to get anyone stressed! We haven't heard anything and the nurse said the doctor would be in touch if there was anything.

I'm going to have a blog catch up now and maybe get my sewing machine out again after lunch.

With much love

Sally
xxxx

31 comments:

Carol said...

You and your sewing machine have done a great job on your little finishes, Sally :) I adore that Bent Creek Bunny and have stitched him several times--he has the dearest fact, doesn't he? Nice progress on your other WIPs, too.

I do hope Abi's heart is okay... Hopefully, the fact that you haven't heard anything yet is good news.

Enjoy your weekend, Sally!

Siobhán said...

Your finishes are wonderful, Sally! I have been in a stitching slump and haven't been doing much blogging or reading, so it was lovely to come on and catch up with all of your beautiful stitching! Love the picture of you, too. I hope all is well with your daughter's tests!

Shirlee said...

Thank you once again for the reminder about IHSW. Your WIPs & finishes are wonderful! The snood is coming along very nicely. I know what you mean about enjoying knitting again but it won't overshadow your cross stitch. That is how it will be when I pull out the needles again : ) I will be praying for Abi.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally

I love your finishes, so sweet.

Your other WIPs are lokking great.

I hope Abi is ok.
Enjoy IHSW!

Melissa said...

You've been busy! Your finishes are great :)

Vickie said...

Hooray for me! I just love that little bunny. He really needs a hug doesn't he? :) I am sending you my address, thank you so much!
I have prayed for your Abi. I do hope you get good, clear answers to what is going on with her.
I love the coloring on the snood. Keep up the good work. :)

BeckySC said...

(((hugs and prayers)))
Your stitching is lovely as always and your finishes are so pretty :)

Christine said...

Wonderful stitching and finishing Sally, and I love the shaded effect in your snood.
Hope Abi is OK

Lois said...

Two lovely finishes Sally! That bunny is just so cute. Nice progress on your other WIP's and I love the knitting! I hope all turns out to be okay for Abi. That is worrying for you all.

Deb said...

You have so many wonderful things going on. All of them are wonderful. I love your knitting too - very pretty pattern.

Kay said...

My gosh, you have done so much. I do love that Jolly chart, I have seen it done on a few blogs now and it always stand out.

Stitchabilities said...

Great Finishes Sally!
Go on you can do a shawl!

Hope Abi is okay!!

jane said...

Lovely stitching and your snood is very pretty.
I hope Abi's test results are OK

Margaret said...

Love your finishes -- they are so pretty! Your WIPs are looking great too! I hope your daughter's tests come out ok and her heart is fine.

Ranae said...

Two wonderful finishes, Sally
I love the things you have going on.
I love your haircut.
You and Abi take care

Mouse said...

oooo lovely progress on the stitching front ... need to frog mine as you know sure it has something to do with all the rain we are having ..lol
the snood looks gorgeous well done and CHILLL all will be well ok :) love mouse xxxxx

Ellen said...

Love the two lovely finishes! SB's Journey is progressing well!

Hope everything is well with Abi.

Hugs,

Veronica said...

Cute finishings, Sally. Peter Rabbit did a great job modelling that pillow ^.^

Nice progress on your WiPs. Looks like you and Mouse are really enjoying stitching Summer Splendor.

Hope everything will be fine with Abi. Take care!

Hugs,
Veronica.

Lesleyanne said...

Your finishes are gorgeous Sally. Great progress on your wips. I hope Abi results bring good news. I hope you get loads done on Guardian at the weekend.

Michelle said...

Your finishes are wonderful, Sally! I hope all is well with your Abi's tests! xx

Penny said...

I think you did a wonderful job on the finishing! I enjoyed seeing all of your different projects too. Your knitting is lovely! Hope the news is good about your daughter's heart.

valerie said...

Lovely finishes Sally! Your stitching and knitting look great! Hope Abi is feeling better. Happy IHSW weekend! I'll be looking forward to seeing your Guardian progress!

Karan said...

Fabulous finishes & good going on your WIP's Sally. You already know (via FB) that i love your new hair style. :0)

Barb said...

Hi Sally, love the progress on your journey and seeing what happens with the guardian.I too would like to attempt a shawl (real fine lacy one) if you find a pattern and I like it too perhaps we could have a knit along night too!
Nice little finishes there ,I have not done much stitching this week apart from Robin as I got stuck in trying to solve Salems secrets on the DS. Take care sweetie will mail you on Mondsy.

Kathy Ellen said...

Wonderful finishes, Sally. What a sense of accomplishment you must feel. My but you have been very busy stitching on so many other wonderful pieces too. I love the snood....the yarn is so soft and delicate looking.

Julie said...

The snoods looking lovely, knitting grows so much faster than stitching, its good when you want a fast fix lol.
Hope the news is good for Abi as you haven't heard anything.

Anne said...

I love that Bent Creek's bunny! You finished him up beautifully too! Great WIP's! I love how you pictured the "Joy" with Christmas lights!

I really hope Abi will be okay and that all goes well with you too!

Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Maxine said...

Wow Sally you have been busy....I'm back blogging again and thought I'd catch up with everyone. I hope it's nothing too serious why you are going into hospital and fingers crossed your daughter's heart is fit and healthy as it can be....oh and your new haircut really suits you :)I love looking at all your finishes and you're making good progress on your HAED.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sally your wide array of projects as usual is wonderful! I don't doubt you'll get those projects wrapped up before going into hospital.

That grey yarn your using is just beautiful!

I hope nothing comes back from your daughter's tests.

♥ Nia said...

Congrats on your finishes :) I really like your Jolly piece, simple and lovely! :D

Catherine said...

You always do the cutest finishes!
Keeping Abi In my thoughts and prayers!